Re: [ruby-india] Re: India on Rails

  • Pratik
    Message 1 of 82 , Aug 1, 2006
      When we ask for proposals, we can always take care to have equal number of speakers for ruby and rails. And if we don't get enough number of ruby speakers, what's the point in calling it a ruby conference
      ?

      Also, I don't think we'll be planning rubyconf and railsconf seperately, so "ruby n rails" is a way to combine them.

      Premshree Pillai <premshree.pillai@...> wrote: On 7/25/06, Dibya prakash <prakashdibya@...> wrote:

      > I agree.But we have been trying to figure out a name that would combine ruby and rails together.

      My only concern with having a conference that has both Ruby and Rails
      is that Ruby ends up being there *because* Rails is written in Ruby.
      If the focus is going to be on Rails, then that should be made
      explicit.

      Premshree

      --
      pratik@lifofifo ~/null $ irb
      irb(main):001:0> nil.nil?

        On 8/17/06, Raghu Venkataramana <raghu@...> wrote:

        > Unsubscribe please.

        > This forum seems to not have a moderator or the moderator doesn't seem to be
        > working diligently to maintain the decorum of good forums.

        Um...Whoever is the owner of the list, please don't start moderating.
        Obvious reason: The moderator cannot be moderated.
        Less obvious reason: Waiting for a day to get a mail approved is a
        sure way of getting things done 10x slower.

        If the spam problem ever begins on this group, we just have to use
        different software. I don't think Yahoogroups has that
        moderate-first-mail-from-new-user option.

        --
        gavri
        http://purl.oclc.org/NET/gavri