Re: [ruby-india] Re: India on Rails

  • Dibya prakash
    Message 1 of 82 , Jul 19, 2006
      Hello All,

      It has been almost 10 days now that this thread was started and I see a couple of volunteers interested in helping out with the event.

      I would proceed with getting the ball rolling and my company (Reevik Technologies Pvt.Ltd,India) will be willing to take the lead in organizing the event.

      If the tentative date for the event is early Jan 2007,then we need to take some steps right now viz. finalizing the city (which I guess the consensus is Bangalore as of now), officially contacting RubyCentral,getting sponsorships,creating the basic road path for the event till Jan 2007,contacting the keynote speakers,etc.

      I would request those who have shown interest and are willing to help organize the event,to contact me and I will create an organizers mailing.

      Hope to hear from you all.

      Thanks
      Dibya Prakash

      Bhavin Javia <bjavia@...> wrote:
      Hi folks,

      Thanks Yogi for bringing this up before I did.
      I am one of the people involved with organization of Agile India
      conferences in India.

      I m a member of ASCI (Agile Software Community of India ->
      www.agileindia.org) which is a community of Agile enthusiasts and
      practitioners in India.

      I have been playing around with Rails for quite some time now. And its
      great to see people taking initiative to promote it in India.

      I dont know who is leading this effort. Would be glad to help out with
      the conf.

      Unfortunately, I m in the US right now. But guess will be back before
      end of this year.

      Keep it up guys. Lets Roll....

      Cheers,
      Bhavin

        On 8/17/06, Raghu Venkataramana <raghu@...> wrote:

        > Unsubscribe please.

        > This forum seems to not have a moderator or the moderator doesn't seem to be
        > working diligently to maintain the decorum of good forums.

        Um...Whoever is the owner of the list, please don't start moderating.
        Obvious reason: The moderator cannot be moderated.
        Less obvious reason: Waiting for a day to get a mail approved is a
        sure way of getting things done 10x slower.

        If the spam problem ever begins on this group, we just have to use
        different software. I don't think Yahoogroups has that
        moderate-first-mail-from-new-user option.

        --
        gavri
        http://purl.oclc.org/NET/gavri