Re: India on Rails

  • Bhavin Javia
    Message 1 of 82 , Jul 13, 2006
      Hi folks,

      Thanks Yogi for bringing this up before I did.
      I am one of the people involved with organization of Agile India
      conferences in India.

      I m a member of ASCI (Agile Software Community of India ->
      www.agileindia.org) which is a community of Agile enthusiasts and
      practitioners in India.

      I have been playing around with Rails for quite some time now. And its
      great to see people taking initiative to promote it in India.

      I dont know who is leading this effort. Would be glad to help out with
      the conf.

      Unfortunately, I m in the US right now. But guess will be back before
      end of this year.

      Keep it up guys. Lets Roll....

      Cheers,
      Bhavin

      --- In ruby-india@yahoogroups.com, Yogi <yogi.kulkarni@...> wrote:

      > We have a bunch of Ruby enthusiasts at ThoughtWorks. I have requested my
      > colleagues who were involved in organizing the ASCI conference and other
      > ruby fans in TW to get involved in this thread. Hopefully there would be
      > some interest.
      >
      > I have moved to the US for a year, so won't be able to participate in
      > organizing the event this time around (hope this is just the start
      of many
      > more).
      >
      > For what its worth, I'd vote for a Ruby conf rather than a Rails one.
      >
      > -Yogi
      > Developer, ThoughtWorks

    • Gavri Fernandez
        On 8/17/06, Raghu Venkataramana <raghu@...> wrote:

        > Unsubscribe please.

        > This forum seems to not have a moderator or the moderator doesn't seem to be
        > working diligently to maintain the decorum of good forums.

        Um...Whoever is the owner of the list, please don't start moderating.
        Obvious reason: The moderator cannot be moderated.
        Less obvious reason: Waiting for a day to get a mail approved is a
        sure way of getting things done 10x slower.

        If the spam problem ever begins on this group, we just have to use
        different software. I don't think Yahoogroups has that
        moderate-first-mail-from-new-user option.

        --
        gavri
        http://purl.oclc.org/NET/gavri