Re: [ruby-india] Using Div tag in WATIR

  • Shashank Date
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2006
      Hi,

      I am not sure why you want Watir to see the image in the <div> tag.

      Can you not identify it using :id or :src directly like you would any other image?
      Like this:

      #############
      require "watir"
      testSite = "C:\\tst_watir.html"
      $ie = Watir::IE.new
      $ie.goto(testSite)

      ## This one is outside a <div> tag
      $ie.image(:src,/watir.gif/).fireEvent("onMouseOver")

      ## This one is inside a <div> tag
      $ie.image(:id,"pogo").fireEvent("onMouseOver")

      ## p $ie.div(:id,"here").methods.sort #<< check if Div object responds to .image

      __END__

      That is what was suggested here:

      http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/wtr-general/2005-October/003717.html

      If you insist on making sure that it is in the <div> tag then I do not think that your method of accessing the image will work. I have tried.

      The syntax is correct but it fails at the .image call with the following error:

      -----------------------
      C:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/watir.rb:856:in `getImage': undefined local variable or method `document' for #<Watir::Div:0x2de8748> (NameError)
      from C:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/watir.rb:2701:in `initialize'
      from C:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/watir.rb:608:in `new'
      from C:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/watir.rb:608:in `image'
      from C:/atest/tst_watir2.rb:13

      If you do, please include a snippet of your code and a test .html file along with details of your Windows version, Ruby version and Watir version. Also an error log if possible.

      HTH,
      -- Shashank

      Cool Priti <cool_priti_s@...> wrote:
      Hello Everyone,
      I am trying to do mouseover of my image which is in a div tag. But I'm afraid if WATIR can see the image present in div tag.
      The code I'm writing for accessing the image is as follows:
      $ie.div(:id,"div1").image(:id,"roll").fireEvent("onMouseOver")
      Is it a right way? Or a another way is there?
      Can anybody please help me?
      Thank you,
      Priti.

      Programming languages Computer security C programming language Computer programming languages Computer training

      ---------------------------------

    • bpettichord
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2 10:05 PM
        --- In ruby-india@yahoogroups.com, Cool Priti <cool_priti_s@...> wrote:

        > Hello Everyone,
        > I am trying to do mouseover of my image which is in a div tag. But
        I'm afraid if WATIR can see the image present in div tag.
        > The code I'm writing for accessing the image is as follows:
        > $ie.div(:id,"div1").image(:id,"roll").fireEvent("onMouseOver")
        > Is it a right way? Or a another way is there?
        > Can anybody please help me?
        > Thank you,
        > Priti.

        Looks right to me. You'll have to use Watir 1.5, however.