Re: [ruby-india] Anyone attending FOSS.IN?

  • Dibya prakash
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 20, 2005
      Hi,

      Today I registered for the event (FOSS).I have been coding in Ruby and Rails for a few months now and it will be great to interact with you all at Bangalore.I am based at Pune.

      All the best and see you all there.

      Best Regards
      Dibya Prakash

      Vamsee Kanakala <vamlists@...> wrote:
      Hi All,

      I am a newly-minted ruby enthusiast (courtesy Rails) and I wanted
      to know if anyone's attending FOSS.IN (http://foss.in/2005). Formerly
      known as Linux-Bangalore, it's India's largest annual open source
      conference.

      I have been attending it for the last 2 years, and this time, I'm
      speaking there. And both my talks are on Rails. Of course, I'm no guru
      of Rails, but I'm doing my homework so that I can put up a good show. I
      strongly encourage all open source enthusiasts (and Ruby, of course) to
      attend this:

      http://foss.in/2005/delegates/

      If you do attend, please look me up, and attend my talks (the
      final talk schedule is not yet out). I would be much indebted if you can
      give me feedback about my talks. Bouquets and brickbats (especially) are
      accepted, and I look forward to interacting with you at the event. There
      are some ruby tutorials too, two of them given by Avik Sengupta.

      All talks:

      http://foss.in/2005/schedules/

      My talks:

      #160. Ajax on Rails: Bringing Web 2.0 to the masses.
      #161. Test Driven Development on Rails.

      See you there,
      Vamsee Krishna Kanakala.

      Basic programming language Computer programming languages Programming languages Java programming language

      ---------------------------------

    • Avik Sengupta
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 20, 2005
        Well, this year there seems to be pretty much a 'ruby track' at FOSS.IN .. 6
        talks, last I counted.

        I'm giving a basic rails tutorial. Another talk about interfacing Java and
        Ruby.

        Yogi and Premshree also have talks on ruby scheduled.

        So its going to be fun, for Ruby, at FOSS.IN. See you there!

        Regards
        -
        Avik

        On Monday 21 Nov 2005 10:10 am, Vamsee Kanakala wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I am a newly-minted ruby enthusiast (courtesy Rails) and I wanted
        > to know if anyone's attending FOSS.IN (http://foss.in/2005). Formerly
        > known as Linux-Bangalore, it's India's largest annual open source
        > conference.
        >
        > I have been attending it for the last 2 years, and this time, I'm
        > speaking there. And both my talks are on Rails. Of course, I'm no guru
        > of Rails, but I'm doing my homework so that I can put up a good show. I
        > strongly encourage all open source enthusiasts (and Ruby, of course) to
        > attend this:
        >
        > http://foss.in/2005/delegates/
        >
        > If you do attend, please look me up, and attend my talks (the
        > final talk schedule is not yet out). I would be much indebted if you can
        > give me feedback about my talks. Bouquets and brickbats (especially) are
        > accepted, and I look forward to interacting with you at the event. There
        > are some ruby tutorials too, two of them given by Avik Sengupta.
        >
        > All talks:
        >
        > http://foss.in/2005/schedules/
        >
        > My talks:
        >
        > #160. Ajax on Rails: Bringing Web 2.0 to the masses.
        > #161. Test Driven Development on Rails.
        >
        > See you there,
        > Vamsee Krishna Kanakala.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Philip Tellis
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 20, 2005
          Sometime on Nov 20, Dibya prakash assembled some asciibets to say:

          >   Today I registered for the event (FOSS).I have been coding in Ruby and
          > Rails for a few months now and it will be great to interact with you all
          > at Bangalore.I am based at Pune.

          may I suggest a Ruby Bof? I think the BangPypers are planning
          something.

          Philip

        • Dibya prakash
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 23, 2005
            Hello Everyone,

            I will be attending FOSS and will be travelling from Pune.Can we have a small get-together of Ruby and ROR enthusiasts in Banglore somewhere between 29th Nov - 2nd Dec.

            It would be great to meet the Ruby programmers.

            Let me know.

            Thanks n Regards
            Dibya Prakash

            Philip Tellis <philip.tellis@...> wrote:
            Sometime on Nov 20, Dibya prakash assembled some asciibets to say:

            > Today I registered for the event (FOSS).I have been coding in Ruby and
            > Rails for a few months now and it will be great to interact with you all
            > at Bangalore.I am based at Pune.

            may I suggest a Ruby Bof? I think the BangPypers are planning
            something.

            Philip

            Basic programming language Computer programming languages Programming languages Java programming language

            ---------------------------------

          • Premshree Pillai
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 28, 2005
              On 11/23/05, Dibya prakash <prakashdibya@...> wrote:
              > I will be attending FOSS and will be travelling from Pune.Can we have a small get-together of Ruby and ROR enthusiasts in Banglore somewhere between 29th Nov - 2nd Dec.

              We could do a Rubeer thing... maybe a meet at Pecos or something?

              --
              Premshree Pillai
              http://www.livejournal.com/users/premshree/
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 28, 2005
                Thats a good idea.I landed at Bangalore sometime back and will attend FOSS tomorrow morning.I guess all the Ruby talks are on 30th.

                If I am not wrong, Pecos is off Brigade road?

                --Dibya Prakash

                Premshree Pillai <premshree.pillai@...> wrote:
                On 11/23/05, Dibya prakash <prakashdibya@...> wrote:
                > I will be attending FOSS and will be travelling from Pune.Can we have a small get-together of Ruby and ROR enthusiasts in Banglore somewhere between 29th Nov - 2nd Dec.

                We could do a Rubeer thing... maybe a meet at Pecos or something?

                --
                Premshree Pillai
                http://www.livejournal.com/users/premshree/

                Programming languages Computer security C programming language Computer programming languages Computer training

                ---------------------------------

              • Premshree Pillai
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 28, 2005
                  On 11/28/05, Dibya prakash <prakashdibya@...> wrote:
                  > Thats a good idea.I landed at Bangalore sometime back and will attend FOSS tomorrow morning.I guess all the Ruby talks are on 30th.

                  Second right down Brigade road.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 23, 2006
                    Hi All,

                    Is anyone attending/speaking in LinuxAsia,New Delhi and Gnunify,Symbiosis Pune?

                    --Dibya

                  • Ramakrishna Reddy
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 23, 2006
                      Hi Prakash,

                      I'm speaking at LinuxAsia, FudCon in New Delhi. Cool! I could meet you there

                      regards

                      --
                      Ramakrishna Reddy GPG
                      Key ID:31FF0090
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 23, 2006
                        Hi Ramakrishna,

                        Great.My talk is on 9th Feb in LinuxAsia,but hope to be there by 8th.Gnunify schedule is not yet there.

                        Let's meet at LinuxAsia.

                        Regards
                        Dibya Prakash

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 23, 2006
                          On 1/23/06, Dibya prakash <prakashdibya@...> wrote:
                          > Is anyone attending/speaking in LinuxAsia,New Delhi and Gnunify,Symbiosis Pune?

                          A bunch of us Yahoos will be there at GNUnify. :-)

                          Premshree