Ruby books

  • Sajith A
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 10:21 AM
      Hi all,
      I recently got attracted to ruby/rails after seeing alistapart.com and
      epsondevelopers.com done in rails.
      Trying to learn ruby now - and would like to know the availability of
      any Indian edition ruby/rails books.

      Thanks & Regards
      Sajith A
    • avik.sengupta@itellix.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1 11:26 AM
        I havent seen Indian editions of any of the Ruby or Rails books. I know for a
        fact that the pragmatic programmer books (pickaxe, the new rails book) do NOT
        have indian editions. I havent even seen them in bookshops myself, but I
        imagine they should be available. Maybe we should start petition-ing Dave/Andy
        :)

        Regards
        -
        Avik

        Quoting Sajith A <sajith.ml@...>:

        > Hi all,
        > I recently got attracted to ruby/rails after seeing alistapart.com and
        > epsondevelopers.com done in rails.
        > Trying to learn ruby now - and would like to know the availability of
        > any Indian edition ruby/rails books.
        >
        > Thanks & Regards
        > Sajith A
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Sajith A
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2 11:05 AM
          On 9/1/05, avik.sengupta@... <avik.sengupta@...> wrote:
          > I havent seen Indian editions of any of the Ruby or Rails books. I know for
          > a fact that the pragmatic programmer books (pickaxe, the new rails book) do
          > NOT have indian editions. Maybe we should start petition-ing Dave/Andy

          Thanks Avik. I contacted them... They said that many customers have
          expressed an interest
          in an Indian edition - and that they are in the process of finding a
          high quality partner who can print, advertise, and distribute books in
          India. said we could expect Indian editions soon...

          That is good news for people like me who find it a bit hard to pay in $$$s

          Regards
          Sajith A