Greetings from Chicago!

  • kspillner
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 5, 2005
      Namaste.

      Mera naam Kent hai.

      I'm excited to spend a few months in Bangalore, and I'd like to learn
      more about the local Ruby scene. Please keep me posted on the
      details for the next Bangalore meetup!

      Thanks in advance!

      Best,
      Kent
    • avik.sengupta@itellix.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 5, 2005
        Quoting kspillner <kspillner@...>:

        > Namaste.
        >
        > Mera naam Kent hai.

        What have you been reading? :)

        > I'm excited to spend a few months in Bangalore, and I'd like to learn
        > more about the local Ruby scene. Please keep me posted on the
        > details for the next Bangalore meetup!

        Well, that, and the local beer scene will interest you, I hope. Welcome!

        Regards
        -
        Avik
      • Martin DeMello
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 5, 2005
          On 7/5/05, avik.sengupta@... <avik.sengupta@...> wrote:

          > > I'm excited to spend a few months in Bangalore, and I'd like to learn
          > > more about the local Ruby scene. Please keep me posted on the
          > > details for the next Bangalore meetup!
          > >
          > Well, that, and the local beer scene will interest you, I hope. Welcome!

          Speaking of which, I've been wondering if we oughtn't try for some
          informal meetings (bunch of rubyists generally get together for
          coffee/beer/lunch/whatever) - could even work mid-week, and it'd be no
          big deal if only a handful of people showed up.

          m.
        • Premshree Pillai
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
            On 7/5/05, Martin DeMello <martindemello@...> wrote:
            > Speaking of which, I've been wondering if we oughtn't try for some
            > informal meetings (bunch of rubyists generally get together for
            > coffee/beer/lunch/whatever) - could even work mid-week, and it'd be no
            > big deal if only a handful of people showed up.

            +1.

            This formal meeting thing doesn't seem to be working very well -- for
            whatever reason. I vote for Pecos. :-)

            --
            Premshree Pillai
            http://www.livejournal.com/users/premshree/
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
              +1
            • Akash
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
                On 7/6/05, Premshree Pillai <premshree.pillai@...> wrote:
                > This formal meeting thing doesn't seem to be working very well -- for
                > whatever reason. I vote for Pecos. :-)

                you have my vote. :)

                Akash
              • Premshree Pillai
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
                  On 7/6/05, Akash <akashmahajan@...> wrote:
                  > On 7/6/05, Premshree Pillai <premshree.pillai@...> wrote:
                  > > This formal meeting thing doesn't seem to be working very well -- for
                  > > whatever reason. I vote for Pecos. :-)
                  >
                  > you have my vote. :)

                  That makes us 2. And I *think* Martin likes it too. Avik?

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 6, 2005
                    On 7/6/05, Premshree Pillai <premshree.pillai@...> wrote:
                    > On 7/6/05, Akash <akashmahajan@...> wrote:
                    > > On 7/6/05, Premshree Pillai <premshree.pillai@...> wrote:
                    > > > This formal meeting thing doesn't seem to be working very well -- for
                    > > > whatever reason. I vote for Pecos. :-)
                    > >
                    > > you have my vote. :)
                    >
                    > That makes us 2. And I *think* Martin likes it too. Avik?

                    Pecos works for me :)

                    martin
                  • Prakash Swaminathan
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 7, 2005
                      On which day (&time) are you planning to meet?

                      cheers,
                      prakash

                      --- Martin DeMello <martindemello@...> wrote:

                      > On 7/6/05, Premshree Pillai
                      > <premshree.pillai@...> wrote:
                      > > On 7/6/05, Akash <akashmahajan@...> wrote:
                      > working very well -- for
                      > > >
                      > > > you have my vote. :)
                      > >
                      > > That makes us 2. And I *think* Martin likes it
                      > too. Avik?
                      >
                      > Pecos works for me :)
                      >
                      > martin

                      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                    • Virender Dogra
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 7, 2005
                        Just a stupid question : What is pecos?

                        On which day (&time) are you planning to meet?

                        cheers,
                        prakash

                        --- Martin DeMello <martindemello@...> wrote:

                        > On 7/6/05, Premshree Pillai
                        > <premshree.pillai@...> wrote:
                        > > On 7/6/05, Akash <akashmahajan@...> wrote:
                        > working very well -- for
                        > > >
                        > > > you have my vote. :)
                        > >
                        > > That makes us 2. And I *think* Martin likes it
                        > too. Avik?
                        >
                        > Pecos works for me :)
                        >
                        > martin

                      • Martin DeMello
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 7, 2005
                          On 7/8/05, Virender Dogra <virender@...> wrote:
                          > Just a stupid question : What is pecos?

                          it's a pub in bangalore (just off brigade road) :)

                          m.