- Oops - Sorry about the mixed up title on my original forwarding of this! -- Alan ... Oops - Sorry about the mixed up title on my original forwarding of this!Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2010View SourceOops - Sorry about the mixed up title on my original forwarding of this! -- AlanOn Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Alan A. Lew <Alan.Lew@...> wrote:[Attachment(s) from Alan A. Lew included below]---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chang Tou Chuang <geoctc@...>
Date: Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 8:08 PM
PROFESSOR AND Head of Department
The Department of Geography at the National University of Singapore offers Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Social Sciences and stands among the top Geography departments in the world. Its teaching and research strengths are in the areas of: Critical Social/Cultural Geographies in/of Asia; Politics, Economies And Space; and Tropical Environmental Change. The Department comprises about 30 faculty members (of international and local origins); in terms of students, the department has over 300 undergraduate majors and some 35 graduate students (the latter coming mainly from Asia and Europe).
The Department is poised to enhance its graduate program and research agenda in the competitive global academic arena, while maintaining its strong commitment to undergraduate education. The appointment is for a tenured position. A competitive remuneration package, based on qualifications and experience, can be expected.
We seek candidates with the following criteria:
- an international research reputation based on an established track record in research and publication, and preferably with an interest in Asia;
- strong desire to develop and implement a vision for a dynamic Geography Department;
- deep interest in nurturing the potential of young faculty and attracting quality faculty members and graduate students to the department;
- commitment to grant and fund raising in research;
- excellent communication skills and dedication to academic excellence and collegiality; and
- proven administrative and management skills, with leadership qualities in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment; experience in departmental or university leadership positions and an understanding of different institutional contexts are preferred.
The Department Head is expected to provide visionary leadership, direct strategic planning, encourage strong scholarship, guide curricular revision, and promote excellent teaching. Administratively, the Head will oversee all personnel matters, manage the department budget and cultivate collaborative relationships with other departments in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, the University, and beyond.
Applications should include a letter of interest, full curriculum vitae, and names and contact details of 4 references. Please send applications to:
Chair, Geography HOD Search Committee
c/o Ms Wong Lai Wa
Department of Geography
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
National University of Singapore
1 Arts Link
Or email Ms Wong Lai Wa at geowlw@....
Interested candidates should submit their application by 31 July 2010. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and plans will be made for a campus visit and interview. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Attachment(s) from Alan A. Lew
1 of 1 File(s)