Fwd: International Conference: Mega-events and the City, Rio de Janeiro, Nov 3-5, 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2010
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Chris Gaffney <geostadia@...>
      Date: Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:29 PM

      Subject: International Conference: Mega-events and the City, Rio de Janeiro, Nov 3-5, 2010

      Greetings RTS community,

      I am pleased to announce a mutli-disciplinary conference on Mega-events and the City (http://www.ufrj.br/mega-events/). The conference, to be held in Rio de Janeiro (site of the 2011 Military Games, 2014 World Cup, and 2016 Summer Olympics), will bring together academics, activists, and researchers form across the globe for panels, discussions, fieldtrips, and workshops. Rio de Janeiro is undergoing profound changes in preparation for these events and we welcome papers and session proposals from all disciplines in English, Portuguese, and Spanish.

      Thank you,
      Chris Gaffney

      --
      Dr. Christopher Gaffney