Extended Deadline: WORLD HERITAGE AND TOURISM conference

  • Carl, Daniela
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2009
      Dear List members

      ***Apologies for cross-posting***

      World Heritage and Tourism:

      Managing for the global and the local

      2-4 June 2010, Quebec City, Canada

      Dear List members

      We are pleased to let you know that due to strong interest we have extended the deadline for the above conference until 21 January 2010 and also extended the duration of the conference.

      Please submit your 500 words abstract (in French or English) including a title and full contact details as an electronic file to Professor Maria Gravari-Barbas (Maria.Gravari-Barbas@...) or Laurent Bourdeau (laurent.bourdeau@...) as soon as possible but no later than 21 January 2010.

      Publication opportunity: Papers accepted for the conference will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration. Best papers from the conference will also be considered for publication in a special issue of the Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change.

      Conference Organisers: UNESCO/UNITWIN NETWORK for Culture, Tourism and Development, the Faculty of Business Administration at Université Laval, the Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne and the Centre for Tourism and Cultural Change at Leeds Metropolitan University.

      For more information on the call for papers, registration, etc please go to http://www.fsa.ulaval.ca/tourisme (French) or at http://english.fsa.ulaval.ca/sgc/faculty/quebec2010 (English).

      Best wishes

      Daniela

      =====

      Daniela Carl

      Research Officer

      Centre for Tourism and Cultural Change

      Faculty of Arts & Society

      Leeds Metropolitan University

      Old School Board

      Calverley Street

      Leeds

      LS1 3ED

      UK

      phone +44 (0)113- 812 8541

      fax +44 (0)113- 812 8544

      www.tourism-culture.com

      =====

      Forthcoming Events

      International Conferences:

      Journeys of Expression VIII: Celebrating through Times of Crisis: Prospects and Potentials for Tourism, Festivals and Cultural Events

      20-21 April, 2010, Copenhagen, Denmark

      World Heritage and Tourism: Managing for the Global and Local

      3-4 June 2010, Quebec City, Canada

      Tourism and Seductions of Difference: 1st Tourism-Contact-Culture Research Network Conference

      10-12 September 2010, Lisbon, Portugal

      New MA Course

      MA Cultural Tourism

      For more information please go to www.tourism-culture.com