FW: 2010 NERR Call for Abstracts, due Nov. 16, 2009

  • Bristow, Robert
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2009
      can't make it to DC this year?

      try Lake George.

      rob

      Robert S. Bristow, Ph.D.
      Geography & Regional Planning
      Westfield State College
      Westfield, MA 01086

      413-572-5215

      From: Terry Sakowski [tsakowsk@...]
      Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 11:30 AM
      To: Terry Sakowski
      Cc: Diane M. Kuehn; Maureen A. Wakefield
      Subject: 2010 NERR Call for Abstracts, due Nov. 16, 2009

      A message from Cliff Watts...

      Greetings!

      On behalf of the NERR Advisory Committee, I am pleased to formally announce the call for research abstracts to the 2010 Northeast Recreation Research (NERR) Symposium. Now in its 22nd year, the NERR Symposium annually draws between 170-180 researchers, graduate students, and practitioners from across North America.  Last year, NERR drew participants from 28 different U.S. states (as far west as California) and Canadian provinces. Once again, the NERR Symposium will be held in Bolton Landing at the Sagamore from April 11-13, 2010.

      In addition to research presentations, the symposium features a series of roundtable discussions designed to get conference attendees together to share information, ideas, best practices, and research insights involving a current topic.  The current call for abstracts (due November 16) solicits submissions for oral presentations of research, poster presentations of research, and proposals for roundtable discussion sessions. The call for abstracts and other conference information is available through the NERR website: http://www.esf.edu/nerr/.

      I would like to thank each of you for considering this call, and I hope to see many of you at this year's symposium.

      Sincerely,

      Clifton E. Watts Jr., PhD

      Chair, 2010 Northeast Recreation Research Symposium Assistant Professor Dept. of Recreation and Leisure Studies East Carolina University Carol G. Belk Building Room 1403 Greenville, NC 27858-4353

      e-mail: wattsc@...

      voice: 252.737.2426

      web: http://personal.ecu.edu/wattsc/

      Terry Sakowski