Fwd: CFP - Tourism and Materiality -- AAG Washington 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2009
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      2009/10/7 Anne-Marie d'Hauteserre <ADHAUTES@...>

      CALL FOR PAPERS
      Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers
      Washington, DC
      April 14-18, 2010

      Session Title: Tourism and materiality

      This session seeks papers that invoke materiality in relation to tourism to provide fresh perspectives on the concept of social construction (of tourism, as well as of its component parts), to revitalize and decenter notions of agency (especially as linked to corporeal materialities and hybridity) and to incorporate the political-economic implications of a globalised capitalist economy with its uneven and unequal relations with and at differing scales. Papers can present specific case studies on tourism and materiality, on the materiality of nature as a tourism product, on the material corporeality of both hosts and guests and their interrelationships, on materiality as a theoretical concept to apply to tourism, or on any other aspect you have worked on.

      I would be delighted if you intend to submit a paper to this session. Could you please send your abstract to me by OCTOBER 25th, 2009.

      You will also need to directly register and submit your abstract at the AAG website and then forward me your PIN (see below) – by October 25th.

      AAG abstract submission instructions:
      In order to submit an abstract, go the AAG website (http://www.aag.org/), click on '2010 Annual Meeting'. You will then need to 'Register to Attend' for the conference and 'Submit an Abstract'. Once you do, you will receive a PIN number. Send that to me (adhautes@...) and I will include your paper in the session. The AAG deadline for submission of abstracts is October 28, 2008 – but I would like to receive your abstracts and PINs by October 25th if possible, so I can send on the session to the AAG.

      Organizer:

      Anne-Marie d'Hauteserre

      Tourism Programme Director

      Department of Geography, Tourism and Environmental Planning

      The University of Waikato, Te Whare Wānanga o Waikato

      Private Bag 3105, Hillcrest

      Hamilton 3240

      NEW ZEALAND