Fwd: CFP: AAG Washington 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2009
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Alison Gill <agill@...>
      Date: Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 9:12 AM
      Subject: CFP: AAG Washington 2010

      CALL FOR PAPERS
      Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers
      Washington, DC
      April 14-18, 2010

      Session Title: The Sustainable Resort: Theory and Praxis

      Abstract: As resorts face increasing pressures from an array of global changes the challenge to think strategically and plan for a sustainable future is becoming even more urgent.   While there has been extensive discussion of sustainability in resort planning, applying these approaches is more challenging. Papers are invited that address both theoretical and/or applied perspectives on all aspects of developing sustainable resorts.

      Please let me know as soon as possible if you intend to submit a paper to this session and send your abstract to me by OCTOBER 20th, 2009. You will also need to directly register and submit your abstract at the AAG website and then forward me your PIN (see below) – by October 20th.
      AAG abstract submission instructions:
      In order to submit an abstract, go the AAG website (http://www.aag.org/), click on '2010 Annual Meeting'. You will then need to 'Register to Attend' for the conference and 'Submit an Abstract'. Once you do, you will receive a PIN number. Send that to me (agill@...) and I will include your paper in the session. The AAG deadline for submission of abstracts is October 28, 2008 – but I would like to receive your abstracts and PINs by October 20th.

      Organizer:
      Alison M. Gill
      Department of Geography
      Simon Fraser University