Fwd: Call for Papers: IGU Commissions meet in New Zealandsummer time (January, 2010)
- ---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anne-Marie d'Hauteserre <ADHAUTES@...>
Date: Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 5:45 PM
Subject: Call for Papers: IGU Commissions meet in New Zealandsummer time (January, 2010)
Call for Papers: Positioning Geography: Strategic Issues in Geographical Education
19-22 January 2010, University of Waikato, Hamilton New Zealand
We invite submission of abstracts and proposals for workshops/roundtables for our Conference Positioning Geography: Strategic Issues in Geographical Education. See the Conference website http://www.waikato.ac.nz/wfass/PositioningGeography/
International delegates interested in visiting New Zealand in summer are welcome to inquire direct to the Conference organisers at positioninggeography@...
1. Participants have the opportunity to present a paper (15 minute, plus 5 minutes for questions), organise a workshop (80 minutes, with resources provided for participants), or host a roundtable discussion (up to 80 minutes).
2. Publication of papers submitted in the format outlined on the Conference website is intended.
3. Publication is subject to formal refereeing and acceptance in themed forums in four international journals.
4. Conference field trips and meetings of three IGU Commissions are proposed.
5. Abstracts and proposals for workshops and roundtables are due 30 November 2009.
6. Early bird Conference registrations close 1 November 2009.
7. IGU Commissions and Partners: Commission on Geographical Education, Commission on Gender and Geography, Commission on the Geography of Tourism, Leisure and Global Change and the International Network for Teaching and Learning in Geography.