Social enterprise in tourism industry

  • Yongseok Shin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2009

      Dear Colleagues,
      Greetings from Korea. (and APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING)  My name is Yongseok Shin, a chief researcher at
      Korea Culture Tourism Institute(KCTI) which is an affiliated research institute
      with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in South Korea
      I am beginning a new research project on the social enterprise in tourism
      industry.  As some of you may be aware, social enterprise has been introduced
      as a means for social service and job generation in goverment policy field.
      As such, MCST has been interested government's role in nuturing
      this relatively new field in Korea, specially in tourism industry.

      As a starting point, I am searching related materials such as policy
      report and papers about this topic, but it has not been very successful
      I wonder whether colleagues out there around the globe are aware of any
      examples, case-studies, reports etc. on social enterprise in tourism industry.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Many thanks, in advance, for any assitance you may be able to offer.

       Sincerely,
          Yongseok Shin

      Dr. Yongseok Shin
      Chief researcher, Korea Culture & Tourism Institute (http://www.kcti.re.kr)
      Tel: +82-2-3153-2423      Fax: +82-2-3153-2430 (Mark for Yongseok Shin)
      Mailing Address:  Tourism Policy Research Division, Korea Culture & Tourism Institute
                                827, Kangseo-gu, Banghwa-3 dong,  Seoul, Republic of Korea (postal code: 157-857)

      http://www.dreamwiz.com/