FW: Call for paper: 2nd UNESCO-ICCROM Asian Academy for Heritage Management Conference

  • Dino Couto
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2008

      SORRY FOR CROSS-POSTINGS!

      This goes concurrently with our Destination Branding and Marketing Conference in December 2009.

      We welcome submissions and we’re looking forward to welcoming you.

      Merry Christmas!

      UBALDINO SEQUEIRA COUTO
      Institute For Tourism Studies
      Colina de Mong-Há, Macau SAR, CHINA

      Tel (853) 85983009 | Fax (853) 85061283
      www.ift.edu.mo

      Just a quick note to inform you of the forthcoming 2nd UNESCO-ICCROM Asian Academy for Heritage Management Conference to be held in IFT between 2nd and 4th December next year.

      The overarching theme for the conference is: Urban Heritage and Tourism: Challenges and Opportunities and the conference welcomes submissions in English organised around four sub-themes within the context of historic urban areas:

      • Managing change in historic urban areas in the face of tourism development
      • Adaptive re-use of urban heritage resources as hospitality venue
      • Heritage Interpretation: By whom? For whom?
      • Heritage tourism’s contributions to host communities

      Abstract submission deadline: 31 March 2009

      Notification of accepted abstracts: 15 May 2009

      More information can be found in the call for paper attached.

      Please forward the call for papers to the people you know would be interested.

      Enquiries regarding the conference can be directed to our dedicated e-mail address for the conference: aahm2009@....