New book on stadiums and stadium cultures

  • Christopher Gaffney
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2008
      Hello RSTers,

      I have recently published a book on the history and culture of stadiums
      with a focus on their role in the cultural landscapes of Rio de Janeiro
      and Buenos Aires.

      The book is availble at full price via the regular routes, but is still
      available at a discount via the University of Texas Press website. This
      book would be appropriate for many RTS courses as well as urban
      studies, Latin American studies, and globalization studies.

      Here is the link to the book:
      http://www.utexas.edu/utpress/excerpts/exgaftem.html

      Regards,
      Chris Gaffney

      Dr. Christopher Gaffney
      Visiting Lecturer
      Department of Geography The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
      223 East Franklin Street
      Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3220
      (h) 919-765-5827
      (o) 919-966-1484