Invitation: Public Forum on Water Problems

  • Julia Morton-Marr
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2008

      Please distribute widely

      Dear friends

      IHTEC is a partner with Science for Peace, Pugwash, Global Issues Project. We are holding a Public Forum on Water Issues. I have attached the poster invite and the list of water issues being considered at the follow up 'Expert Round Table on Water'. As this groups focus is on curriculum and education for the future I have two requests that I will need by Nov 5, 2008:

      1. What is being taught around the topic of 'Water Sustainability' and how? Please look at the list of issues and align your answers. As a session chair, I would be interested in educational document that can be shared with the Round Table. This includes web links to documents, lesson plans, or any methodologies that are being taught around the world today, or that might be included in schools in the future. Thanks.

      2. If you are near to Toronto:

      YOU ARE INVITED TO A PUBLIC FORUM ON WATER PROBLEMS

      Science for Peace & Canadian Pugwash, Global Issues Project, invite you to a
      Public Forum on Fresh Water Problems: Emerging Threats and Priorities.

      7.30pm - 9.30pm on Nov 7, 2008 at the George Ignatieff Theatre, Larkin Building,
      135 Devonshire Place, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

      Eminent speakers! Discussion period! Post-Forum Reception!
      Full details on the attached flyer.