Call for expressions of interest: Tourism Planning and Policy case studies

  • Dianne Dredge
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2008
      Call for expressions of interest: Tourism Planning and Policy case studies Apologies for cross-postings..

      Call for Expressions of Interest: Tourism Planning and Policies Case Studies

      Editors: Dianne Dredge and John M. Jenkins

      We are currently developing a book proposal that proposes a set of theoretically informed and reflective case studies about tourism planning and policy-making. The case studies will be presented as lucid and engaging stories that provide powerful explanatory insights into how tourism planning and policy-making happens. In doing so, the case studies will engage with appropriate and contemporary theoretical frameworks, concepts and ideas, and will also provide readers with opportunities for reflection, learning and theoretical development.

      The editors’ focus is on the presentation of a well-structured and cohesive set of case study stories of tourism planning and policy-making. Good stories, underpinned by critical and reflective use of concepts, theories and models, can provide rich insights into the human condition, the politics of tourism policy, and the social construction of tourism issues and decision-making processes.

      After expressions of interest have been lodged with us, we will contact authors and attempt to engage an international publisher. We received support from selected publishers before the launch of our recent book Tourism Planning and Policy (2007), published by Wiley & Sons.

      We invite scholars and practitioners from various disciplines and backgrounds with interest in tourism, planning and policy-making to submit a 750-1000 word chapter proposal outlining the following:
      1. The issue and its context.
      2. A storyline (e.g. setting, context, plot, characters, the problem or dilemma and moral questions, if appropriate).
      3. Theoretical frameworks, concepts and models that may be used.
      4. Brief description of the research approaches, methodologies, data and data analysis.

      We are as much interested in macro level studies focusing on issues of national interest as we are on the micro level and nuances of decision-making within organisations. Further information about the case study approach is contained within the attachment to this email. Any questions and/or chapter proposals should be emailed to Dianne Dredge (Dianne.Dredge@...) by Friday 3 October, 2008.

      Dianne

      Dr Dianne Dredge
      Associate Professor,
       Tourism Policy and Planning
      School of Tourism & Hospitality Management
      Tweed Gold Coast Campus
      Southern Cross University
      Brett Street, Tweed Heads. NSW 2485
      Tel: 07 5506 9322