Fwd: call for papers - tourism and community development

    Message 1 of 2 , May 21, 2008
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Rhonda Phillips <Rhonda.Phillips@...>
      Date: Wed, May 21, 2008 at 6:35 AM
      Subject: call for papers - tourism and community development
      To: PLANET@...

      Hello colleagues,

      Please consider the following call for papers for a special issue of Community Development: Journal of the Community Development Society.

      Thanks,

      Rhonda

      Dr. Rhonda Phillips, AICP, CEcD

      Editor, Community Development: Journal of the Community Development Society

      www.comm-dev.org

      Arizona State University

      Director and Professor

      School of Community Resources & Development

      Mail Code 4020, 411 N. Central Avenue, Suite 550

      Phoenix, AZ 85004-0690

      Tel. 602.496-0160   Fax 602.496.0953

      http://scrd.asu.edu

      Call for Papers

      Community Development: Journal of the Community

       Development Society

      http://www.comm-dev.org/

      Special Topic:

      "Integrating Tourism-based Development into Community Development Planning"

      Tourism influences community in numerous ways, including process and outcomes. The tourism industry is one of the fastest growing in the world, in both developed and developing countries, and for all sizes of communities on the rural to urban continuum. While tourism-based development can yield large community and regional impacts, community development planning frequently ignores the tourism sector. How should a community integrate tourism-based development plans, programs and policies into community or regional level comprehensive planning? The journal focuses on theoretically and empirically based work and rarely publishes purely descriptive case studies. However, given the topic of this issue, cases can be considered if they explore lessons learned and results can be generalized.

      We are soliciting abstracts for this special topic by August 31, 2008. Invitations for full manuscript submissions will be sent by September 15, with manuscripts due December 15. The issue will be published in 2009. Please send your abstract to:

      Rhonda Phillips                                     Tim Tyrrell

      Editor, JCDS                                        Director, Megapolitan Tourism Research Center

      Rhonda.phillips@...                      timt@...

      Information for authors:

      Community Development: Journal of the Community Development Society invites manuscripts up to 25 pages (d/s), using the American Psychological Association research style. See the website for additional information. The journal is peer-reviewed and provides coverage of vital community development research on such topics as rural and urban economic development, housing, entrepreneurship, theory, social capital, leadership and much more.

      --
      Alan A. Lew , Ph.D., AICP
      Department of Geography, Planning and Recreation,
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2008
        Greetings,

        I hope you all are having a wonderful summer. I spent two weeks in China (Shanghai and Sichuan Province) hence this delay in submitting the annual report. I will have this posted in the RTS website as well as the AAG website.

        Many thanks
        Sanjay

        Sanjay K. Nepal, PhD
        Department of Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences
        Texas A&M University
        College Station, TX-77845-2261
        Tel: 979 862 4080 Fax: 979 845 0446
        http://www.rpts.tamu.edu

        Editor-in-Chief
        eReview of Tourism Research
        http://ertr.tamu.edu/

        Chair
        Recreation, Tourism and Sports Specialty Group,
        The Association of American Geographers (AAG)
        http://www.geog.nau.edu/rts