River Murray & Lower Lakes Water Crisis

  • Julia Morton-Marr
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13 4:39 AM
      Dear John Pigram and other friends

      I have pulled together a slide show of comparison photos between 1987
      and 2008 of the water crisis in South Australia. I have included
      photos from the Murray Mouth, Meningie and Milang on the Lower Lakes.
      We have permission from all the photographers. Please feel free to
      use these in schools. The money alocated will be too late to save the
      situation. The losses will be huge. Farmers are selling their stock,
      and the loss of Tourism, Recreation & Leisure $ is significant.

      http://www.scribd.com/doc/2518860/MurrayDarlingBasinAust

      Cheers Julia

      Julia Morton-Marr, DStG., B.Ed., Dip. T.
      President / CEO, International Holistic Tourism Education Centre (IHTEC)
      and founder of International School Peace Gardens

      1/1000 PeaceWomen Across the Globe nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize 2005.
      Science for Peace - National Board member
      Council on Global Issues - Vice President Education
      Canadian Voice of Women for Peace - National Board member

      Official Status: UN ECOSOC Status.
      UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development
      UN Decade of a Culture of Peace.

      3343 Masthead Crescent
      Mississauga, Ontario, L5L 1G9
      Tel: (905) 820-5067 (October 20 - May 1)
      Tel: (705) 696-3808 (May 1 - Oct 20)
      Email: ihtec@...
      Website: www.ihtec.org
      Blog: Granny Julia's Children http://www.ispg.blogspot.com