Fwd: human geographer position at Utah State

  • Sanjay K Nepal
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2007
      FYI...

      Sanjay K. Nepal, PhD
      Department of Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences
      Texas A&M University
      College Station, TX-77845-2261
      Tel: 979 862 4080 Fax: 979 845 0446
      http://www.rpts.tamu.edu

      Editor-in-Chief
      eReview of Tourism Research
      http://ertr.tamu.edu/

      Chair
      Recreation, Tourism and Sports Specialty Group,
      The Association of American Geographers (AAG)
      http://www.geog.nau.edu/rts

      >>> Claudia Radel <claudia.radel@...> 10/23/2007 1:02 PM >>>
      Would you please do me the kind favor of forwarding this tenure-track position announcement for an assistant professor in human geography out to the members of the specialty group you chair? We are looking for a human geographer with a nature-society or human-environment focus to their research. Your specialty group is likely to have members for whom this position is of interest.

      Thank you,
      Claudia Radel

      Claudia Radel
      Assistant Professor of Human Geography
      Department of Environment and Society
      Utah State University
      5215 Old Main Hill
      Logan, UT 84322
      435-797-0516
      claudia.radel@...<mailto:claudia.radel@...>

      Human Geographer Position at Utah State University:

      The Department of Environment and Society (ENVS), located in the College of Natural Resources at Utah State University (USU), seeks applications for a nine-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Human Geography. The successful applicant will have a nature-society focus, and both quantitative and qualitative research approaches are welcome. We seek a candidate who will develop an outstanding research and teaching program in any relevant specialty of human geography (human-environment interaction modeling, the human dimensions of environmental management or change, cultural or regional geography focused on environmental issues, or political ecology). We are an interdisciplinary department, all connected with a social science focus within the framework of natural resource and environmental science and management (http://www.cnr.usu.edu/departments/envs).

      Applicants must submit their application materials electronically via the Utah State University Human Resources web site (https://jobs.usu.edu<https://jobs.usu.edu/>). Utah State University is a Land Grant, Space Grant, and Carnegie Research Doctoral-Extensive university of over 20,000 students. USU's main campus is in Logan, Utah, a semi-rural city with a population of 50,000 people in a mountain valley 80 miles north of Salt Lake City, and offering ample opportunities for a family-friendly professional life. USU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is a National Science Foundation ADVANCE Gender Equity Program recipient. The University is sensitive to the needs of dual-career applicants and is dedicated to recruiting stellar candidates from a diverse pool including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. USU offers competitive salaries and outstanding medical, retirement and professional benefits (http://personnel.usu.edu). For a video portrait of our working environment, see http://www.usu.edu/multimedia/. The position is open until filled, with review of applications to begin November 30, 2007. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with qualifications and experience. For additional information, contact: Dr. Robert Schmidt, Human Geographer Search Committee Chair, 435-797-2536, or email at rschmidt@...<mailto:rschmidt@...>.