Announcement of a panel session on tourism geography education

  • Sanjay K Nepal
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2007
      Panel: Tourism Geography Education
      Organizer/chair: Deborah Che, Kansas State University

      For this panel, I am seeking participants to discuss their experiences
      with tourism geography education. Topics for discussion can include
      experiences with:

      · Teaching tourism courses in departments of geography, tourism,
      recreation, hospitality, planning, environmental studies, marketing,
      etc.
      · Development of tourism majors, minors, concentrations, or
      certificates within one's department
      · Incorporation of courses around campus to supplement the
      offerings in one's department
      · Development of interdisciplinary tourism majors or certificates
      · Distance education
      · Service learning
      · Study abroad
      · Internships
      · Independent student research projects

      Panelists will share their experiences on tourism geography education
      at
      the undergraduate and/or graduate level.

      Your participation in this panel does not affect your eligibility to
      present a paper, poster, interactive short paper, or illustrated
      paper.
      If you are interested in being one of the 4-6 panelists, please
      e-mail
      Deborah Che (dche@...) by October 28 with your Program
      Identification Number (PIN) (which you receive after registering for
      the Boston AAG meeting) and a sentence or two about what you wish to
      discuss (the latter will help me in arranging the order of panelists).

      Sanjay K. Nepal, PhD
      Department of Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences
      Texas A&M University
      College Station, TX-77845-2261
      Tel: 979 862 4080 Fax: 979 845 0446
      http://www.rpts.tamu.edu

      Editor-in-Chief
      eReview of Tourism Research
      http://ertr.tamu.edu/

      Chair
      Recreation, Tourism and Sports Specialty Group,
      The Association of American Geographers (AAG)
      http://www.geog.nau.edu/rts