FW: [serr] 2008 Southeastern Recreation Research Conference

  • Bristow, Robert
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2007

      Conference FYI,

      From: serr-owner@... [mailto:serr-owner@...] On Behalf Of Stein,Taylor Verne
      Sent: Monday, October 15, 2007 12:15 PM
      To: SERR Listserv Posting
      Subject: [serr] 2008 Southeastern Recreation Research Conference

      Dear Past SERR participants and other colleagues,

      I am delighted to announce that the 30th Southeastern Recreation Research Conference will be held in Savannah, GA  February 24 – 26, 2008

      For the past 30 years research professionals, public land managers and students from diverse backgrounds have come together to address critical issues and share advancements in the art and science of delivering and sustaining recreation and other amenity services to the American public of the Southeast and throughout the nation. This conference offers a unique venue for learning and exchange of ideas and research findings regarding some of the most pressing recreation and public and management challenges of the region.

      Thanks to the generous support from the US Forest Service National Forests in North Carolina , we are offering student scholarships for sixteen undergraduate and/or graduate students to attend this year’s SERR conference. The scholarship will cover the registration fee for the conference. Interested students need to email a one-page letter (as an attached MS Word file) to conference co-chair, Taylor Stein (tstein@...) describing how they believe their academic and professional interests will be enhanced by their attendance.

      Please visit the conference website (http://cnr.ncsu.edu/prtm/serr/) to learn more about this excellent forum for managers, researchers, and students.  We hope you will attend and participate in this year's conference at the Mulberry Inn, Savannah , GA , February 24-26, 2008.  All are welcomed to attend the conference and submit a paper proposal for presentation. Deadline for submission of paper proposals is November 30, 200

      Come and share your research while experiencing the wonderful hospitality of the south at this year’s SERR conference, and please help us reach other colleagues by forwarding or posting the attached conference announcement.

      Thank you and we look forward to seeing you there!

      Taylor Stein and Joe Flood
      SERR 2007 Conference Co-Chairs