Fwd: Heritage & Tourism Conference announcement
- Apologies for cross-postings.
The Deadline for Abstracts for this Conference is a week away -- April 15th. Don't miss one of the most stimulating tourism conference in China (this is our 5th biennial meeting), and one of the best conference deals on the planet!
===========Heritage and Tourism:
Community, Enterprise, Government & Tourists
An International Conference
Sun Yat-Sen (Zhongshan) University
8 to 10 July 2007
Major Conference Themes:
Tourism and Cultural Heritage Management:
- Hosts and Guests: Whose Heritage and Nostalgia?
- Sustainable Community-based Heritage Tourism
- Living Heritage: Tourism in Minority Ethnic Communities
- Conservation or Development: Case Studies in Community Heritage through Tourism
Tourism and Natural Heritage Management:
- Ecotourism, Nature Tourism, and Environmental Tourism
- People and/or the Environment: Managing Environmental Destination
- Environmental Heritage and Climate Change Issues
- Conservation or Development: Case Studies in Environmental Heritage through Tourism
The Heritage Tourist:
- Tourist Experience and Motivations for Heritage
- Measuring and Managing the Heritage Tourism Segments
Heritage Tourism Theory:
- Defining the Heritage and Tourism Relationship
- Image, Themes and Forms of Nostalgia and Heritage Tourism
Alan A. Lew, Ph.D., AICP
Department of Geography, Planning and Recreation, Northern Arizona University , Flagstaff, Arizona 86011-5016, USA
* Tourism Geographies Journal
* Geography for Travelers podcast & blog
* Travelography: World Travel & Tourism News at PodcasterNews.com
* Web 2.0 Travel Tools and Web 2.0 Teaching Tools
To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted. -- Bill Bryson in 'The Best American Travel Writing 2000'