Tourism Professorship

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2007
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Wolfgang Georg Arlt <profarlt2007@...>
      Date: Mar 16, 2007 6:52 AM

      Dear colleagues,

      the West Coast University of Applied Sciences at Heide/Germany is offering a professorship in Senior and Health Tourism at the International Tourism Management program (BA and MA). The program is taught mainly in English.

      Please see details attached (and below). Application deadline is April 5th, 2007.

      Best regards,
      Wolfgang Georg Arlt
      Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards
      Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Georg Arlt
      FH Westkueste / West Coast University of Economics and Technology
      Fritz-Thiedemann-Ring 20, 25746 Heide / Germany
      Tel. +49 481 8555 513, Mail adress: arlt@...

      Invitation for applications for the

      Helmut-Wandmaker-Professorship in Hospitality Management

      with  main focus on Senior and Health Tourism

      We are looking for a suitable person to enhance our tourism faculty to teach and conduct research, preferably with expertise in senior and health tourism. The position is to be taken up on 01 October 2007.

      The ideal candidate:

      will have at least 5 years pertinent professional experience in a responsible position, at least 3 of those outside the academic field,

      a completed PhD as well as expertise in Business Studies, the ability to teach our Bachelor and Masters students and to work in our university team,

      proficiency in English; a further language would be an advantage,

      the willingness to make a commitment locally.

      We offer :

      an active role in shaping our ambitious courses of study and involvement in the Institute for Management and Tourism,

      involvement in developing and supporting a network for Tourism management with universities on all continents,

      the responsibility to do research including presentations and publications and in this context, fostering contacts with supporting persons and institutes,

      the opportunity to network with contacts from numerous companies and universities, an excellent working and living environment in the metropolitan region of Hamburg,

      further qualification, advancement and corresponding free time within the scope of your occupation,

      our support in relocation for you, your partner and family

      Please apply in writing by 05 April 2007 at the latest (postal stamp applies) to

      Rektorat der Fachhochschule Westküste

      Fritz-Thiedemann-Ring 20, 25746 Heide (Germany)

      Prof. Dr Burkhard Müller, Chairman of the appointment committee will be happy to answer any queries (mueller@...). Further information on our university can be found at www.fh-westkueste.de.

      The specified employment requirements comply with general civil service law and § 94 of the current University law and (from April 1st, 2007) § 61 of the new University law of Schleswig-Holstein.

      We are an equal opportunities employer. Applications from eligible people with disabilities will be favoured. Furthermore, the University of Applied Sciences strives to reach a balance between male and female employees. Female applicants with equal eligibility, ability and expertise will be favoured.