Announcing: The Critical Tourism Studies Asia-Pacific Consortium

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2014
      Geographers with an interest in the Asia-Pacific may find this newly forming group of interest...

      The Critical Tourism Studies Asia-Pacific Consortium (CTS) is an international, interdisciplinary consortium for scholars, tourism practitioners and professionals, community members, travelers and travel writers. CTS facilitates networking opportunities, the exchange of ideas, research collaboration as well as conversations that critically address contemporary issues in tourism studies.

      CTS recognizes the multiple stakeholders in tourism. We welcome the diverse and sometimes disparate perspectives that these stakeholders bring to the table as we endeavor to broaden our understanding of tourism as both a subject of scholarly critique and one of the largest industries in the world. In this way, we seek to critically engage with and start new conversations around a multitude of themes and issues in tourism studies.

      CTS is strategically based out of the University of Hawai'i at Manoa (USA), National University Singapore, University of Technology, Sydney (Australia), National Cheng Chi University (Taiwan), The Hong Kong Polytechnic University and University of Otago (Dunedin, New Zealand).

      We are currently expanding our core institutional affiliations. If you are located in the Asia-Pacific region and would like to nominate your department please contact us at criticaltourismstudies@...

      If you are interested in becoming an individual member of CTS, please fill visit our website and fill out the membership form.

      Alan A. Lew, Ph.D., AICP
      Professor and Graduate Program Coordinator
      Department of Geography, Planning and Recreation

      Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona 86011-5016, USA