Recreation Tourism and Sport Specialty (RTS) Student Paper Award, AAG Tampa

  • Alison Gill
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2014
      Dear RTS students: (supervisors - please pass this message on to your students)

      If you have submitted an RTS-related abstract for the AAG meeting in Tampa I would like to draw attention to the Recreation, Tourism, and Sport (RTS) AAG Specialty Student Paper Award for the AAG Tampa meeting. The deadline is later this year due to the later abstract submission date and some changes were made to the value and nature of the award at last year’s AAG business meeting in Los Angeles.

      PhD paper award $500
      Master’s paper award $200

      GUIDELINES:
      1. Please notify the RTS Chair as soon as possible if you intend to apply and prepare a written version of your AAG presentation and e-mail it to RTS Chair Alison Gill <agill@...> by MARCH 10, 2014
      2. The written paper should conform to guidelines for The Professional Geographer in terms of format and style, and length should be a maximum of 12 pages double-spaced--or about 3000-3500 words (excluding maps & references). (Please note that submissions from PhD applicants will be held to higher standards than those of Master’s students). http://www.aag.org/cs/publications/the_professional_geographer.
      3. The written paper will be reviewed and selections of the final winners made by the RTS Board of Directors. Winners are encouraged to submit their entries to The Professional Geographer or Tourism Geographies for publication.
      4. Only the written papers will be judged for the final awards, but students who do not present their papers will be ruled not eligible to receive an award.
      5. Awards will be presented at the RTS Business Meeting at the AAG Annual Conference.

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      Best wishes
      Alison

      Alison Gill, PhD