2013 ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF THE INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF TRAVEL AND TOURISM EDUCATORS
Theme: "GeoTourism: A New Approach to Travel and Tourism Education"
October 17 - 19, 2013 Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
Join us for the International Society of Travel and Tourism Educators' Annual Conference in Detroit, Michigan where you will have the opportunity to meet some of the foremost tourism experts worldwide.
The 2013 Conference will again devote several sessions to the academic and research presentations. It is the intent of these sessions to focus on a broad range of topics that are related to education, research, and management in the field of travel, tourism,
and hospitality services.
ISTTE is an international organization. Therefore, submissions from international scholars are highly encouraged. This coming year's conference provides a forum for international educators, scholars, researchers, industry executives, corporate trainers,
consultants, vendors, administrators, and government officials to explore issues related to travel and tourism at all levels.
TYPES OF SUBMISSIONS ~ PAPERS:
Refereed Full Papers
Should not exceed 12 pages of single-spaced, typed text (max. 5,000 words).
Poster Paper Submissions to be Based on Refereed Extended Abstracts Should not exceed 4 pages of single-spaced, typed text (max. 1,700 words).
Working Paper Submissions Based on a Refereed Abstract Should not exceed 4 pages of single-spaced, typed text (max. 1,700 words). Working Papers typically report the results of research in its early stages. They present thought-provoking and innovative
ideas and strive to promote critical discussions that are pertinent to our professional, intellectual and contemporary global concerns about travel and tourism practices and education.
Contributions are welcomed in any of (but not limited to) the following subject areas:
* Bridging the gap between industry and education needs
* Cross-cultural studies in travel and tourism
* Emerging issues in travel and tourism education and training
* Innovations and designs for travel and tourism
* Innovative and creative teaching techniques
* Human resources in travel and tourism
* Impacts on the travel and tourism industry
* Information communication technology research for travel and tourism
* International travel and tourism issues and trends
* Marketing and sales in travel and tourism
* Meetings/conventions and events management
* New perspectives of the travel and tourism management
* Perspectives on articulation and/or accreditation
* Sports and entertainment management
* Strategic management of travel and tourism services
* Studies of gaming and entertainment industries
* Sustainable tourism planning and development
* Technological applications in travel and tourism education
* Travel and tourism education and curriculum
* Travel and tourism research issues or cases
All proposed paper presentations must be submitted according to the selection process. All submitted papers must represent original research that has not been presented in other conferences or published in any journal.
1. Electronic submissions are required. A file (only Microsoft Word file allowed) for each submission must be sent to the Paper Review Chair, Dr. Randal Baker <rgbaker@...<mailto:rgbaker@...
no later than the deadline indicated below. In the subject area of the e-mail, please type "ISTTE 2013 Conference paper submission." The body of the e-mail should clearly include the following information:
* Type of submission
* Title of the paper
* The list of authors and respective affiliations with the lead author first
* The contact author for the submission (e-mail and telephone number)
2. The paper file document should include: (a) the title of the paper and (b) the type of submission (see below). The file name for the paper MUST be the last name of the first author. Authors' names and affiliations should NOT be indicated on the paper.
3. For each submission, papers longer than the required page limit including tables, figures, references, and appendices will be reviewed based on the required page limit only.
4. Papers should be submitted in 12-point Times New Roman font format, 1.5 inch for the left margin and 1 inch for all other margins, letter-size paper.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES TO REMEMBER (All in USA Eastern Standard Time)
* March 25, 2013 (Monday): All submissions are due (as electronic attachments via email) for double-blind reviews by the Paper Review Committee.
* May 1, 2013 (Wednesday): Notification of review results (Acceptance or Rejection).
* June 24, 2013 (Monday): Authors of all accepted presentations must submit their completed documents to meet the deadline in order to be included in the proceedings publication. For all accepted paper presentations, at least one (1) of the authors
must register for and present the paper at the conference.
SPECIAL AWARDS & PUBLICATION PLAN
Using the initial reviewers' evaluations to shortlist potential awardees, the final award recipients will be selected based on a further review of the final proceedings' submissions. A group of selected review committee members will vote on the finalists
to determine the Best Awards. A Best Paper Award along with a possible Best Poster Award will be presented at the conference to recognize awardees' significant contributions.
A conference proceedings of academic and research papers will be published to include final papers of all accepted types of presentations. Accepted full papers dealing with teaching pedagogy and related issues may be considered for publication in the Journal
of Teaching in Travel and Tourism (JTTT, see http://www.haworthpress.com/store/product.asp?sku=J172
). After accommodating comments and suggestions from your reviewers and conference audience,
you are encouraged to submit your final papers to the JTTT's Editor for a publication consideration.
Any inquiries about the paper submission or review should be addressed to the Paper Review Chair below:
St. Cloud State University
720 Fourth Avenue South
348 Stewart Hall
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498
Lorie A Tuma, EdD
The University of Alabama