Fwd: [IGUST] IGC 2013 pre-conference reminder

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2013

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Carolin Funck <funckc@...>
      Date: Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:45 PM
      Subject: IGC 2013 pre-conference reminder

      Dear all,

      As announced before, we will organize a combined pre-conference and excursion before the IGC Congress in Kyoto.
      As we only have a limited of spaces, we will give priority to participants who present a paper. We will soon provide further details about the registration process, but please make sure to submit your abstract by January 31st.

      InternationalGeographical Union Regional Conference Kyoto (Japan) 2013 Pre-Conference

      Tradition and Modernity in Tourism

      July 31-August 4 2013

      The IGU Commission on the Geography of Tourism, Leisure and Global Change and the Association of Japanese Geographers Study Group on Tourism and Leisure announce the following pre-conference:

      Pre-conference: Tradition and Modernity in Tourism (July 31-August 4 2013)

      This will be a combined pre-conference and excursion, from the hot springs in Beppu to the famous shrine island Miyajima and on to Naoshima, an island that has recently come into the spotlight through arts tourism. Each day will combine half-day excursions with explanations from local experts and half-day scientific presentations by the participants.

      Route: Beppu -Miyajima/Hiroshima -Okayama/Naoshima- Kyoto

      Deadline for abstracts:
      2013 January 31st

      Please send your abstracts to
      funckc@...