FW: Due date for abstracts

  • Bristow, Robert
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2012
    CFP Extended for NERR!

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Gomez, Ed [mailto:egomez@...]
    Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2012 10:14 PM
    To: ALAN R GRAEFE; Bristow, Robert
    Cc: Jerry Vaske; Kelly Bricker; John' 'Confer; Thomas' 'Wickham; Clifton' 'Watts; 'arne arnberger; 'kelly bricker; 'rbristow@...'; 'Robert Burns; 'fclark@...'; 'cpdawson@...'; 'egomez@...'; 'gyu@...'; Laurie Harmon; 'aholdnak@...'; 'klenosky@...'; 'dmkuehn@...'; 'walter kuentzel; 'gtkyle@...'; 'bdlee@...'; 'cpierska@...'; 'rramthun@...'; 'robertr@...'; 'erodger1@...'; 'schusterr@...'; 'dsolan@...'; 'todds@...'; 'vanders1@...'; 'jerryv@...'; 'vogtc@...'; 'warnick@...'; 'hzinn@...'; alvinhyu@...; jabsher@...; Carla_Barbieri@...
    Subject: Due date for abstracts

    Hello Everyone,
    I have received several requests to extend the deadline for the NERR submission. Upon my suggestion, and the approval of the steering committee, the Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium deadline for 2013 poster/presentation/roundtable session submission is due December 17th, 2012. This includes the scholarship information (same deadline). Please send scholarship applications directly to me (egomez@...). That gives everyone two more weeks! Plenty of time, even with the craziness that is this time of year. Please adjust accordingly. There will be no additional movement of the deadline, as the review process would not allow for anything beyond two more weeks. Thank you … information for submission follows:

    Please feel free to visit the website to register: http://www.esf.edu/nerr/2013/reg.htm

    Hotel accommodations may also be made by visiting the website: http://www.esf.edu/nerr/2013/basic.htm

    Call for Papers and Presentations for the 25th Annual Northeastern Recreation Research (NERR) Symposium (April 7-9, 2013)

    Greetings! On behalf of NERR’s Steering Committee, I am pleased to announce our 25th annual symposium! Please join us in celebrating our silver anniversary. NERR provides a professional and friendly forum for quality information exchange on current management practices, problems, and research applications in the field, as well as a comfortable social setting that allows participants to foster friendships with colleagues (academicians, graduate students, and professionals) and engage in ongoing discourse.

    This year’s conference will be in Cooperstown, NY – home of the Baseball Hall of Fame! Lodging will be at the historic Otesaga Resort Hotel.

    The following are important dates:

    Abstract submission due: Monday, December 17, 2012 Scholarship application due: Monday, December 17, 2012 Early Registration ends: Monday, March 18, 2013 NERR Symposium dates: Sunday, April 7th through Tuesday, April 9th 2013

    Please visit our website (www.esf.edu/nerr) or read the attached call for abstracts for more information.

    Edwin Gómez, Ph.D., Associate Professor Chair, 2013 Northeastern Research Symposium Coordinator, Park, Recreation & Tourism Studies Program Old Dominion University Human Movement Sciences Dept.
    Student Recreation Center, Room 2021
    Norfolk, Va 23529-0196
    Ph - 757-683-6309
    Fx - 757-683-4270