Call for Abstracts - The Worst Tourism Places (a pecha kucha session) - AAG Los Angeles, April 2013

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2012

      Call for Abstracts - AAG Los Angeles, 9-13 April 2013

      The Worst Tourism Places (a pecha kucha session)

      I ran a pecha kucha session at the Seattle AAG meeting in 2011 on "The Best Tourism Places", which I think was quite successful. This time I think we should go for "The Worst Tourism Places". The questions you will answer is: "What is the Worst Tourism Place(s)?" You can answer this in any way that you see fit following the pecha kucha guidelines.

      This pecha kuch will be run as a panel session (not a paper session). So you will be free to also present a full paper in another session.  We will have 8 to 10 panelists, each of whom will be allowed a 6 minute 40 second presentation that consists of 20 Powerpoint slides and 20 seconds per slide. The slides will proceed automatically, forcing you to be concise in your presentation. The remainder of the session will be for open discussion.

      If you are interested in joining this panel, please send me you AAG Registration PIN by October 17th. -- Alan A. Lew <alan.lew@...>.

      For more information on this type of panel, just do an online search on "pecha kucha".

      For a complete list of RTS sponsored session for the Los Angeles meeting, please visit: http://www.geog.nau.edu/rts/sessions/2013.html

      Alan A. Lew, Ph.D., AICP
      Professor and Graduate Program Coordinator
      Department of Geography, Planning and Recreation
      Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona 86011-5016, USA
      * Tourism Geographies - journal Editor-in-Chief
      * World Regional Geography: Human Mobilities, Tourism Destinations & Sustainable Environments
      * Understanding & Managing Tourism Impacts
      * My open access articles + GScholar
      IGU Tourism Commission-related Conferences
      * Recreation, Tourism & Sport Specialty Group, AAG Annual Meeting, 9-13 April 2013, Los Angeles, California, USA
      Coastal, Island and Tropical Tourism, 16-18 April 2013, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
      Sustainable Tourism in Urban Environments, 8-10 May 2013, Hong Kong
      * IGU Tourism Commission Pre-Conference, 28 July-3 Aug 2013, Beppu, Japan
      * IGU Regional Conference, 4-9 July 2013, Kyoto, Japan
      Emerging Landscapes and Frontiers in Tourism Research, 20-22 September 2013, Kanas N.P., Xinjiang, China
      * Research Associate, Centre for Innovative Planning and Development, Faculty of Built Environment, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
      * My Blogs: @alew on Twitter * TG Tourism Place * Travelography *
      * NAU GPR on Facebook -and Twitter
      Online GPR Studies
      "Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."