Fwd: You are cordially invited to THINK, the Tourism Hospitality Information Network - student internships, jobs, etc...

    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2012
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: D'Arcy Dornan <mytrinet@...>
      Date: Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM
      Subject: You are cordially invited to THINK, the Tourism Hospitality Information Network - student internships, jobs, etc...

      Dear colleagues,

      As I imagine many of you have as well, I have performed much industry outreach and individual networking over the years in order to identify, find and secure tourism and hospitality internships or job opportunities for students.

      As a member of the tourism focused groups identified at the bottom of this message, I recently was asking myself the following question:

      "Where do tourism and hospitality students and industry management professionals go to look for and find country and industry specific information about jobs and internships, cross-cultural management, practical information such as immigration concerns, housing and more generally speaking other industry specific information?"

      There are placement agencies and others that answer this question, but I also recently had the inspiration to create:

      THINK, the Tourism and Hospitality Information Network on LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4420455&trk=hb_side_g

      THINK came to life as an in-class hospitality management MBA student project. I created THINK as a professional group on LinkedIn whose aim is to share tourism and hospitality information. Please feel free to join us, invite your students to join so that we can all more effectively and efficiently network and share information about jobs, internships, educational and other training programs, grants and scholarships, research and development consultancy or other projects, upcoming events, etc... You will notice that our MBA 1st year students have been the primary content contributors until now...

      Mission

      To develop and manage an online tourism and hospitality information network to serve as a set of tools for continued professional development and management.

      *Our mission is inspired, in part, from the ‘learning process model’ as described in Dana Tesone’s book (2009, p. 71) entitled ‘Principles of Management for the Hospitality Industry’.

      Vision

      THINK, the Tourism Hospitality Information Network’ vision seeks to educate, actively engage, empower and motivate its members and the global community through the open exchange of information to successfully continue down the path of personal and professional growth, development and transformation.

      Objectives:

      1.      To more strategically locate information about the industry; how to find jobs, internships and other career advancement opportunities in France and around the world.

      2.      Develop, manage and use the THINK website and/or the Linkedin THINK group or subgroups as an information resource and networking platform/portal

      3.      Collect and disseminate country specific information by making web resources and human discussions available on such practical topics as:

      a.      understanding countries and cultures (languages, social customs and human relations,

      b.      cross-cultural communication, etiquette and management,

      c.      immigration procedures,

      d.      travel and transporation,

      e.      housing,

      f.       how to find jobs and internships in the industry,

      g.      information on industry organizations,

      h.      etc....

      The creation of THINK was inspired by the following groups among other professional industry websites:

      Come join us today!

      • Tourism Hospitality Information Network (THINK) on Linkedin – website under construction and to be announced soon!
      Thank you for your time, attention and any ideas you may have as per the continued development of THINK.

      Sincerely,

      D'Arcy

      Dr. D’Arcy DORNAN

      Associate Professor

      Pole Economie, Stratégie et Organisation

      Groupe Sup de Co La Rochelle

      France

      http://www.esc-larochelle.fr/

      http://fr.linkedin.com/in/darcydornan