FW: PhD positions - English ad

  • Ioannides Dimitri
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 1:30 PM
    Dear all,

    I would like to bring to your attention the opportunity for 2 PhD positions at the Mid-Sweden University in Ostersund, Sweden. One of them does require the knowledge of a Scandinavian language - due to the nature of the grant it is associated with - but the other does not - the eligible candidate does have to speak and write excellent English though.

    Please help me by spreading the word and, of course, if you have any Masters' students who may want an adventure in what is a very picturesque part of Europe and have the potential to be doctoral students please let them know.

    It is important to highlight that unlike the PhD positions in North America, a doctoral appointment in Sweden is like an entry level employment position at a university with a regular salary and benefits. The eligible candidate would be part of the faculty, have some teaching and service responsibilities, participate in staff/faculty meetings etc.

    Thanks.

    Dimitri Ioannides
    Professor of Human Geography