CFP - Sustainable Tourism in Urban Environments - Hong Kong, 20-22 April 2012

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2012
    Call for Papers

    Sustainable Tourism in Urban Environments

    Hong Kong, 20-22 April 2012

    Hosted by the Chinese University of Hong Kong

    ==========

    The symposium will include keynote speeches, paper presentations, roundtable discussions and will close with an optional boat trip to alternative tourism sites in Hong Kong.

    Sub Themes include, but are not limited to:
    - Urban policy and tourism policy
    - Culture and heritage: place making and sense of place
    - Nature and local environmental conservation
    - Ecotourism and community-based tourism
    - Sustainable tourism businesses
    - Education and interpretation for sustainable tourism
    - Managing the urban – wildland interface
    - Urban planning and tourism development
    - Public – private partnerships and cooperation for sustainability
    - Activism and advocacy: thinking global and acting locally

    Venue: Central campus, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
    Language: English

    Abstracts Due: 31 March 2012

    Please see the attachments for more information.

    For questions, please contact Dr. Lawal Marafa <lmmarafa@...>

    ------------------

    Alan A. Lew, Ph.D., AICP
    Professor and Graduate Program Coordinator
    Department of Geography, Planning and Recreation
    Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona 86011-5016, USA
    Publications
    * Tourism Geographies - journal Editor-in-Chief
    * World Regional Geography: Mobilities, Destinations & Sustainability
    * Understanding & Managing Tourism Impacts
    * My open access articles + GScholar
    IGU Tourism Conferences
    * Sustainable Tourism in Urban Environments, 20-22 April 2012, Hong Kong
    * Tourism Commission Pre-Congress Meeting, 22-25 August 2012, Trier/Mosel, Germany
    * Coastal, Island and Tropical Tourism, March 2013 (tentative), Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
    Emerging Landscapes and Frontiers in Tourism Research, 25-27 July 2013, Kanas N.P., Xinjiang, China
    * Alan A. Lew on Twitter
    * TG Tourism Place blog
    * NAU GPR on Facebook -- and on Twitter
    Online GPR Studies
    "A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving." Lao-Tzu