- * Apologies for cross-postings * [cid:013464514@15122011-245E] Dear colleagues, The International Centre for Tourism and Hospitality Research (ICTHR),Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2011View Source
* Apologies for cross-postings *
The International Centre for Tourism and Hospitality Research (ICTHR), Bournemouth University, is pleased to announce this important conference with an aim to debate the broader conceptual ideas and contested relationships between climate change, sustainability and tourism as well as to examine worldwide responses and exchange cutting-edge research.
- This conference will feature keynotes from high-level policy makers from international agencies including UNWTO, UNESCO, UNEP, European Commission and leading research institutions.
- This tourism conference is expected to be crucial for researchers interested in Green Economy and Sustainability aspects as it will follow the Rio+20 UN Summit.
Academic researchers and staff working for public agencies interested in presenting papers at the conference are welcome to submit their extended abstracts soon/before 30 April 2012.
For details related to Abstract Submission Guidelines and Travel Information, please the conference visit: www.bournemouth.ac.uk/climatechange2012
Themes for abstracts:
Advancements in sustainable tourism; climate change and sustainability - common ground; green economy; ecosystem services; indicators and planning; small island developing states; sea-level rise; natural disasters; protected areas and heritage conservation; road transport and aviation; hospitality and green issues; greenhouse gases; climate change adaptation; climate change mitigation; emerging techniques; and future research implications.
- Mr Luigi Cabrini, Director UNWTO Sustainable Tourism
- Dr Ishwaran Natarajan, Director UNESCO Division for Ecological Sciences
- Dr Richard Butler, Emeritus Professor, University of Strathclyde
- Dr Stephan Harrison, University of Exeter & Oxford University
- Representative from the UNEP DTIE SCP Branch, Paris
- Representative from the Tourism Unit European Commission, Brussels
- Panel Discussion: policy agencies and key industry players.
Please also find attached the Conference Posters and Postcards attached with this email.
We look forward to welcoming you to Bournemouth in September 2012!
-Vijay & Keith
Dr. Maharaj Vijay Reddy
BA, MTA, PhD (Exon), FRGS
School of Tourism
Tel: +44(0) 1202 961520
Fax: +44(0) 1202 515707
Forthcoming book: Tourism, Climate Change and Sustainability (Aug 2012) http://routledge-ny.com/books/details/9781849714228/
International conference 2012 on ‘Tourism, Climate Change and Sustainability 2012’: www.bournemouth.ac.uk/climatechange2012
BU School of Tourism: www.bournemouth.ac.uk/tourism
This email is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email, which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bournemouth University or its subsidiary companies. Nor can any contract be formed on behalf of the University or its subsidiary companies via email.