FiNAL CALL - RTS sessions at AAG NY, Feb 24-28, 2012

  • Alison Gill
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15 1:32 PM
      Hello All:
      Here is a list of all of the RTS sponsored sessions that I have posted previously. I am not aware of the status of these sessions - some may be fully subscribed (I've noted 2 below that are). Others may have been 'abandoned' due to lack of response to the CFP at this point. I am aware however that, due to the early deadline, a significant number of presenters are only now getting their abstracts prepared.

      I have not listed details of the sessions below as it would take up too much space but if you need more information (or no longer have access to previous RTS messages that I have sent) please contact the organizer of the session or myself as soon as possible.

      The deadline *SEPTEMBER 28* is fast approaching for all abstracts and sessions to be submitted online. For those hoping to present in organized sessions make sure that you send details of your paper and your PIN to the session organizer.

      If you paper does not fit into a session be sure to submit your abstract and we will see if there are other single papers that we can meaningfully organize into RTS sessions.

      FOR SESSION ORGANIZERS - if you are still in need of papers to fill out your sessions be sure to check the Conference website to find unallocated papers that may fit.

      Best wishes
      Alison

      Proposed RTS Sessions

      1. "When 'the Rest' enters'the West': (Re-)Negotiating identities in touristic settings". Sybille Frank <frank@...-darmstadt.de>

      2. Developing tourism by indigenous people in indigenous areas and challenges Anne-Marie d'Hauteserre <adhautes@...>

      3. Managing ethical consumption in tourism: Compromise and tension. Karla Boluk<kbl@...> and Clare Weeden <chw3@...>

      4. (Im)mobilities of dwelling: Places and Practices. Sybille Frank <frank@...-darmstadt.de>, Lars meier <Lars.Meier@...-muenchen.de> & Silke Steets

      5. Film/TV/ Media and tourism. Daniel Knudsen <knudsen@...>

      6. Rural and Peripheral Tourism. Patrick Brouder <patrick.brouder@...>

      7. Moral encounters in tourism. Mary Conran<conran@...> & Kevin Hannam

      8. Biopower in tourism Amy Gray <amymgray@...> and Claudio Minca

      9. Tourism Geographies and Global Climate Change Jarkko Saarinen
      <jarkko.saarinen@...> and Alison Gill <agill@...>

      10. Round Table Discussion: Enclave tourism. Dimitri Ioannides <Dimitri.Ioannides@...>

      11. Tourism post-9/11 Anne-Marie d'Hauteserre <adhautes@...>

      12 Dark tourism. Rudi Hartmann (FULL)

      13 Historical geography of the environment. National parks and protected areas. Yolonda Youngs & Terence Young (FULL)