Fwd: FW: Impact Factor Release 2010

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 8:47 AM
      Hey Geographers (and geography friends) !

      Tourism Geographies came in with a respectable .63 in our first ISI/SSCI Impact Factor (see below, and thanks to Dimitri Buhalis).  We are working to raise this in the coming years as the journal expands in size next year (from 144 to 164 pp per issue), and as we integrate and expand our online presence (see http://tgtourismplace.com) and open source content (all discussion forum items and book reviews are freely accessible online about a month after they are released).

      We look forward to receiving your best research and theory papers.  Click the link in my signature below for submission guidelines.  And contact me if you would like to contribute to the discussion forum or have proposals for high quality special issue topics.

      Cheers
      Alan

      Alan A. Lew, Ph.D., AICP
      Professor and Graduate Program Coordinator
      Department of Geography, Planning and Recreation
      Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona 86011-5016, USA
      Publications
      * Tourism Geographies Journal
      * World Regional Geography: Mobilities, Destinations & Sustainability
      * Understanding & Managing Tourism Impacts
      * My open access articles
      IGU Tourism Conferences
      Tourism People, Places and Environments, 13-15 July 2011, Zhangjiajie, Hunan, China
      Tourism and Heritage: Challenges for Conservation Geography, 11-13 November 2011, Valparaiso, Chile
      * Alan A. Lew on Twitter
      * TG Tourism Place blog
      * NAU GPR on Facebook -- and on Twitter
      Online GPR Studies
      “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.”  - Aristotle