Fwd: Seeking Papers for Special Session at Savannah SEDAAG on Tourism

    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2011
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Alderman, Derek <ALDERMAND@...>
      Date: Tue, May 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM
      Subject: Seeking Papers for Special Session at Savannah SEDAAG on Tourism

      Seeking Papers for Special Session at Savannah SEDAAG on Tourism

      Organizers: Derek Alderman and Huili Hao, East Carolina University & E. Arnold Modlin, Jr., Louisiana State University

      The Southeastern Division of the AAG (SEDAAG) will hold its annual conference in Savannah, Georgia, November 19-21, 2011.  Over the past several years, Savannah has emerged as a major tourist destination, fueled in part by the book and film Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, River Street, a famously haunted historic district, and the Queen of Y’all, Paula Deen.  The meeting offers an ideal setting to organize a paper session or two on tourism.  We invite emerging and established scholars to participate, seek papers on any aspect of tourism, and appreciate a diversity of theoretical and methodological approaches.  While participants can focus on any topic or region, we are interested in papers that address tourism and travel in the context of the American South.  Any work that advances our understanding of Savannah tourism would be especially appropriate.  The proposed session is sponsored by the Center for Sustainable Tourism and the Department of Geography at East Carolina University.  Those interested should contact Derek Alderman (aldermand@... , 252-328-4013).

      Derek H. Alderman, PhD

      Professor of Geography

      Research Fellow, Center for Sustainable Tourism

      Brewster Building A-233/Mailstop 557 (Geography)

      Rivers Building RW 212/Mailstop 133  (Tourism)

      East Carolina University

      Greenville, NC 27858

      voice: 252-328-4013, FAX: 252-328-6054

      Email: aldermand@...