Fwd: AAG 2012 Call for Papers: May 15-Sept. 28
- Ready or not, it is already time to start thinking about AAG 2012...---------- Forwarded message ----------From: AAGeogram <meeting@...>
Date: Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 2:01 PM
Subject: AAG 2012 Call for Papers: May 15-Sept. 28
Having trouble viewing this email? Click hereNews and updates about the AAG Annual MeetingDear Alan A. Lew, PhD,
The Association of American Geographers invites you to join us for the next AAG Annual Meeting in New York from February 24-28, 2012. We will begin accepting abstracts for papers and sessions on May 15.
Read the Call for Papers and be sure to submit your abstract early.
Call for Papers Begins May 15The 2012 Annual Meeting will be held much earlier than previous meetings; therefore, presenters will need to submit their abstracts and proposals earlier. Presenters can register for the AAG Annual Meeting and submit abstracts for presentations and sessions as early as May 15. The Call for Papers will end on September 28, 2011.
The AAG Annual Meeting is an interdisciplinary forum open to anyone with an interest in geography and related disciplines. All scholars, researchers, and students are welcome to submit abstracts for papers and presentations. The Call for Papers and abstract guidelines are available at www.aag.org/annualmeeting/call_for_papers.About the MeetingThe week-long conference is expected to host more than 7,000 geographers from more than 60 countries and feature over 4,000 presentations, posters, workshops, and field trips by leading scholars and researchers. Sessions will be organized around topics and special themes such as:
Political Geography · Natural Hazards · Cartography
Geography Education · Climate Change · Human Geography
GIScience & Technologies · Physical Geography
Planning & International Development · Social Justice
The meeting program will also feature:
We look forward to seeing you in New York!Sincerely,
- The Latest Research - Presentations and posters by leading scholars and researchers
- Exhibit Hall - Booths and exhibits showcasing recent publications and new geographic technologies
- Career and Networking Opportunities - An international networking reception, a Jobs in Geography Center highlighting the latest employment opportunities for geographers, and career development sessions
- Special Events - Keynote presentations from distinguished speakers from inside and outside of geography, World Geography Bowl, and Awards luncheon
- Workshops - Training sessions and workshops to help further your professional or academic career.
- Field Trips - Attendees also will have several options to explore the rich cultural and physical geography of New York and the surrounding region through informative field trips and excursions.
Oscar Larson - meeting@...
Association of American GeographersQuick Links