640Ph.D. programs in tourism

    Mar 5, 2008
      I often get requests from students from around the world looking for a Ph.D. programs, usually in the US, and hoping to study with me.  However, my university does not even offer a Masters in tourism, let alone a Ph.D., and I have a feeling that there may be quite a few worthwhile Ph.D. programs out there that I am personally unaware of.

      To better advise these students, I would like to start a del.icio.us list (easier than doing a webpage) of tourism Ph.D. programs.

      SO, if you have a Ph.D. program in tourism, all you need to do is email me the URL for that program.  Note that I am only interested in formalized program, not in "Ph.D. by research" options. Once I have a few programs listed I will post the link to the del.icio.us site on some websites so it can be found.

      Alternative, if you know of an existing list like this, let me know, since I have not been able to find it.

      Alan A. Lew , Ph.D., AICP
      Department of Geography, Planning and Recreation,
      Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, Arizona 86011-5016, USA
      * alan.lew {at} nau.edu
      * homepage: <http://AlanLew.com>
      * Tourism Geographies : An International Journal <www.TGJournal.com>
      * My Blogs and Podcasts <http://alanalew.com>
      * Twitter: <http://twitter.com/alew>
      * Sustainable & Alternative Tourism Conference, July 2009, Guilin/Yangshuo, China <mark your calendar>
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic