629Fwd: [Specialty_groups] Specialty Group Highlighted Sessions

  • Sanjay K Nepal
    Jan 23, 2008
      See email below - highlighting special sessions. Any ideas?

      Sanjay K. Nepal, PhD
      Department of Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences
      Texas A&M University
      College Station, TX-77845-2261
      Tel: 979 862 4080 Fax: 979 845 0446

      eReview of Tourism Research

      Recreation, Tourism and Sports Specialty Group,
      The Association of American Geographers (AAG)

      >>> "Douglas Richardson" <drichardson@...> 1/23/2008 12:53 PM >>>
      Dear Specialty Group Chairs,

      If any of your Specialty Groups has a special session that you wish
      to highlight at the upcoming AAG Annual Meeting in Boston, please let me
      or Oscar Larson know (email: olarson@...), and we will highlight
      your session in the printed program for the meeting, and on the AAG

      It is not necessary for a Specialty Group to list a highlighted
      session, and some SGs prefer not to, but we have had requests from many
      SGs to advertise a particularly high-profile session, such as a
      life-time achievement award session, or a special SG plenary talk, or a
      session on a particularly compelling or timely topic. We will list one
      session from each Specialty Group that wishes to participate in this
      listing of Specialty Group highlighted sessions. Please let us know by
      February 15th, 2008, if you wish to include a highlighted session for
      your SG in this listing.

      This highlighted session listing may also help new-comers to our
      meetings to identify a place to start as they explore new areas of
      interest within specialty group topics, and may assist you in recruiting
      new members to the SG.

      Best to all,

      Doug Richardson