1342New Release: A Career With Meaning, 2nd ed.

  • William Anderson
    Aug 14, 2014
    Greetings,

    I would like to announce the release of A Career With Meaning, 2nd edition.  Filled with resources for students and instructors, A Career With Meaning is designed to provide insight into the many opportunities within our field for majors looking to find their specific path.  This text has also been used in general elective classes for non-majors to explore career paths in our field.

    Desk copies and instructor resources are available.

    Sincerely,
    William Anderson

    New Release

    A Career With Meaning
    Recreation, Parks, Sport Management, Hospitality, and Tourism, 2nd edition

    Keri A. Schwab
    Cheryl A. Stevens
    Lawrence R. Allen
    Emilyn A. Sheffield
    James F. Murphy

    Choose a job you love, and you will never work a day in your life. A Career With  Meaning offers a tailor-made journey that  enables you to match core beliefs and values with professional opportunities in the leisure industry. In this updated edition, leading experts offer insights and details on working in 11 career areas related to recreation, parks, sport management, hospitality, and tourism. After identifying and matching your values with a career
    area, you may use the final chapter to create a road map to a rewarding career. Unlock the door to your future career in a job you will love with A Career With
    Meaning.
    Table of Contents

    Chapter 1

    Recreation and Leisure in North American Life

    Chapter 2

    Understanding Careers in Recreation, Parks, Sport Management, Hospitality, and Tourism

    Chapter 3

    Community Recreation and Leisure Services

    Chapter 4

    Recreation in Nonprofit Organizations

    Chapter 5

    Armed Forces Recreation

    Chapter 6

    Outdoor Recreation in Federal, State, and Local Parks

    Chapter 7

    Recreational Therapy and Therapeutic Recreation

    Chapter 8

    Campus Recreation, Leisure, and Intramurals

    Chapter 9

    Sport Management and Sport Teams

    Chapter 10

    Event Management

    Chapter 11

    The Hospitality Industry

    Chapter 12

    Travel and Tourism

    Chapter 13

    Commercial Recreation and Leisure Businesses

    Chapter 14

    Preparing for a Career in Recreation

    Chapter 15

    Forces Shaping the Future
    Download Table of Contents and Sample Chapter

    Price: $80.00

    ISBN: 978-1-57167-772-3

    Price: $40.00

    ISBN: 978-1-57167-773-0

    Product Information
    Copyright: 2014

    Pages: 369

    Format: Softcover

    Dimensions: 7 x 10

    Instructor's Resources
    Instructor’s Guide & PowerPoint®
    Desk Copy Policy
    If you are a college or university instructor, you may request a desk copy for a 45-day review period. If you adopt the book as your course text and place an order through your bookstore, notify us, and the desk copy is yours to keep. If you do not adopt the book, you may (a) return it in mint condition or (b) purchase it at a 50% discount. Desk copies may be requested on our website by logging in with an educator account and clicking the desk copy link located on the book's webpage.

    William Anderson
    Director of Sales and Marketing

    1807 North Federal Drive, Urbana, IL 61801
    E-books 50% Off | 2014 Product Catalog