1294CFP for Gender and Tourism session at the 2014 IGU Conference in Krakow (18-22 August 2014)

  • Alison Gill
    Dec 5, 2013
      Hello All: Now that the AAG deadline is past (or almost past - see recent extension until Tuesday December 10th for abstract submission - and early registration fee) I'd like to draw your attention to the IGU meeting in Krakow, Poland next August 2014.
      Below is a CFP for a session co-organized by the Commission on Tourism, Leisure and Global Change and the Gender and Geography Commission. Please let Janet Momsen or myself know if you are interested - the deadline is quite soon (January 15th).

      Watch for news of other IGU Krakow sessions from Dieter Müller,Chairperson, IGU Commission Tourism, Leisure and Global Change. I hope that some of you will have the opportunity to participate.

      Meanwhile have wonderful holiday season!

      Best wishes
      Alison

      PS If you have successfully organized sessions for the AAG Tampa could you please let me know. Thanks!

      CALL FOR PAPERS
      The IGU Geography of Tourism, Leisure and Global Change Commission and the Gender and Geography Commission are jointly organizing a session at the IGU Regional Conference in Krakow, Poland, 18-22 August 2014.
      We would like to invite you to submit your abstracts (maximum: 500 words) on-line by Wednesday 15 January 2014 at
      <http://www.igu2014.org/index.php?page=call_for_papers>

      GENDER AND TOURISM
      This session will focus on the interaction between gender and tourism in terms of both consumption and production. Topics could include employment and entrepreneurship in tourism for women, tourist
      interaction with local populations, women travelers, and gendered preferences of types of tourism and tourism locations. Both empirical and conceptual/theoretical contributions are encouraged.

      (Note: Registration for the conference is required before you can
      submit your abstract on-line, but you only need to pay registration fees
      after you have been notified in mid-February as to whether your abstract
      has been submitted).
      Important dates:_
      *15 January 2014 *- Deadline for submitting abstracts
      *25 February 2014*- Notification of results of abstract reviews
      *2 April 2014 -*Deadline for early registration fee payment
      *15 May 2014*- Deadline for regular registration fee payment

      If you plan to submit an abstract or have questions please contact the session organizers: Janet Momsen <jdmomsen@...> or Alison Gill <agill@...>