1287Re: [rtsnet] AAG Tampa - CFP new RTS sponsored sesssion on urban public space

  • T M
    Nov 6 1:55 PM

      My name is Tom Mueller and I am a professor at a small school southeast of Pittsburgh.  I am also a member of AAG.  I was unaware that AAG had extended the call for presentations.    I am currently working on a geo-sports analytics paper.  Is there a RTS session focused on sports geography in need of a paper?

      Tom Mueller

      On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:39 AM, Alison Gill <agill@...> wrote:
      Hello All: Please see below a recent addition to the RTS sponsored sessions at the AAG Tampa meeting. There's still time (almost 4 weeks) to get organized to submit an abstract (even still organize a session) before the Tuesday Dec 3rd deadline!

      Remember to check out the RTS website at <http://www.geog.nau.edu/rts/index.html> for other RTS sessions.

      Best wishes

      CFP AAG Tampa
      Urban public space & the sustainable city

      Parks and public spaces play a key role in the social, economic, and
      environmental sustainability of cities. Yet, often parks are not
      functioning at their highest potential. The ability of these spaces to
      provide various benefits is highly dependent on their social, spatial,
      built, and ecological context. This session explores multiple dimensions of
      public space to enhance understanding of these complex human-environment
      systems and inform planning and policy aimed at maximizing the contribution
      of parks to the sustainability of a city or region.

      If you wish to contribute to this session please contact Dorothy Ibes as soon as possible. Final deadline for abstract submissions December 3rd.

      Dorothy C. Ibes, Ph.D.*
      Postdoctoral Teaching & Research Fellow
      Environmental Science & Policy
      College of William & Mary