FLAME OF LOVE

  • Dr. Atul Verma
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2006
      FLAME OF LOVE

      "I can master it," said the Ax. His blows fell heavy on the hard,
      strong
      steel. But each blow only made his edge more blunt until he ceased to
      strike.

      "Leave it to me," said the Saw. With his relentless teeth, he worked
      back and forth. But to his dismay, all of his teeth were worn out or
      broken off.

      "Ha!" said the Hammer. "I knew you could not do this. Let me show you
      how." But with the very first blow, his head flew off, and the steel
      was
      unchanged.

      "Shall I try?" asked the Flame. And it curled itself gently around the
      strong, hard steel, embraced it, and would not let it go. And the tough
      steel melted.

      There are hearts that are hard enough to resist the forces of wrath and
      the fury of pride. But hard is the heart that can resist the warm flame
      of Love.

      "'For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with
      their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see
      with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and
      turn, and I would heal them. But blessed are your eyes because they
      see,
      and your ears because they hear. For I tell you the truth, many
      prophets
      and righteous men longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to
      hear what you hear but did not hear it.'" Matthew 13:15-17 (NIV)

      -- Author Unknown
    • Dr. Atul Verma