The Woodcutter

  • Anita Gambani
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2013
      -
      Once upon a time, there was a very strong woodcutter. He asked for a job from a timber merchant, and he got it.

      The pay was really good and so were the work conditions.

      For that reason, the woodcutter was determined to do his best. His boss gave him an axe and showed him the area where he was supposed to work.

      The first day, the woodcutter brought down 18 trees.

      The Boss was very much impressed and said, "Congratulations Go on that
      way!"

      Very motivated by the words of the boss, the woodcutter tried harder the next day, but he only could bring down 15 trees.

      The third day he tried even harder, but he only could bring down 10 trees.

      Day after day he was bringing down less and less trees. "I must be losing my strength", the woodcutter thought to himself.

      He went to the boss and apologized, saying that he could not understand what was going on.

      "When was the last time you sharpened your axe?" the boss asked. "Sharpen? I had no time to sharpen my axe.

      I have been very busy trying to cut trees.

      The moral of the story:

      Our lives are like that. We sometimes get so busy that we don't take time to sharpen the axe.

      In today's world, it seems that everyone is busier than ever, but less happy than ever. Why is that? Could it be that we have forgotten how to stay sharp? There's nothing wrong with activity and hard work. But we should not get so busy that we neglect the truly important things in life, like our Spiritual life. We all take time to relax, do our worldly jobs  but forget  meditation,  If we don't take time to  meditate  will become dull and lose our effectiveness. So start from today, think about the ways by which you could do your job more effectively and add a lot of value to it.

      Hope this story has given you some insight to life, may you be happy always!

      �Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

      "We have not passed that subtle line between childhood and adulthood until we have stopped saying 'It got lost,' and say, 'I lost it.'