The Tempest, Act 4, Scene 1

  • Michael Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006
      The Tempest, Act 4, Scene 1 by William Shakespeare

      PROSPERO

      You do look, my son, in a moved sort,
      As if you were dismay'd: be cheerful, sir.
      Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
      As I foretold you, were all spirits and
      Are melted into air, into thin air:
      And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
      The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
      The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
      Ye all which it inherit, shall dissolve
      And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
      Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
      As dreams are made on, and our little life
      Is rounded with a sleep. Sir, I am vex'd;
      Bear with my weakness; my, brain is troubled:
      Be not disturb'd with my infirmity:
      If you be pleased, retire into my cell
      And there repose: a turn or two I'll walk,
      To still my beating mind.

      MM:
      Pure Sant Mat. Shakespeare discusses the dissolution,
      the illusory nature of the physical plane, and the
      need to still the mind, when we thing of such things.
      When we hear about dissolutions, it makes us think,
      then what is the purpose of it all, and Shakespeare
      advises to still the mind. He has also mentioned in
      his writings that the Sound is the way to the Reality.

      Shakespeare was able to go to Sach Khand, at will,
      that is why he said to not be disturbed.

      Michael Martin

      http://mail.yahoo.com