Re: [Lightfromsoundoasis] People in astral plane (AnandGholap.Net-Online Theosophy)

  • Michael Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2006
      --- Anand Gholap <AnandGholap@...> wrote:

      > [ http://www.AnandGholap.net - Online Books on
      > Theosophy ]
      >
      > "Man's various forces and qualities, manifesting in
      > his bodies as vibrations, send out for each vehicle
      > what may be called a keynote. Take his astral body
      > as an example. From the number of different
      > vibrations which are habitual to that astral body
      > there emerges a sort of average tone, which we may
      > call the keynote of this man on the astral plane. It
      > is obviously conceivable that there may be a
      > considerable number of ordinary men whose astral
      > keynote is practically the same, so that this alone
      > would not suffice to distinguish them with
      > certainty. But there is a similar average tone for
      > each man's mental body, for his causal body, and
      > even for the etheric part of his physical body; and
      > there have never yet been found two persons whose
      > keynotes were identical at all these levels, so as
      > to make exactly the same chord when struck
      > simultaneously. Therefore the chord of each man is
      > unique, and furnishes a means by which he can always
      > be distinguished from the rest of the world. Among
      > millions of primitive savages there may possibly be
      > cases where development is as yet so slight that the
      > chords are scarcely clear enough for the differences
      > between them to be observed, but with any of the
      > higher races there is never the least difficulty,
      > nor is there any risk of confusion.

      MM:
      I think this comment on "races," could be misleading.
      Every human being has a mind, and if mind is
      concentrated, it can follow the Shabd to the level of
      the Supreme Being, with the help of a Master, who has
      the keys to that level. Some races might have more
      spiritually developed people. Some might have less.
      This is due to karma, not the race alone, however.
      Masters have appeared in all races, and they will
      continue to do so, from time to time, contingent on
      the will of the Supreme Being.

      > 3.
      > Whether the man be sleeping or
      > waking, living or dead, his chord remains the same,
      > and he can always be found by it. How can this be
      > so, it may be asked, when he is resting in the
      > heaven-world, and has therefore no astral or etheric
      > body to emit the characteristic sound? So long as
      > the causal body itself remains, it has always
      > attached to it its permanent atoms, one belonging to
      > each of the planes, and therefore, wherever he goes,
      > the man in his causal body carries his chord with
      > him, for the single atom is quite sufficient to give
      > out the distinctive sound. "
      >
      > Complete book can be read at
      > http://anandgholap.net/Mystic_Chord-CWL.htm

      Michael Martin