RE: [rss-public] item link

  • Sean Lyndersay
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2006

      +1 on using any opportunity to recommend using guids.

      I’d also add a comment that whatever “link” points to, it SHOULD be “renderable” in a web browser (ideally HTML).

      Standard aggregator practice appears to be to toss the link URL to the browser, or, for aggregators that host browsers inline (e.g. FeedDemon and RSS Bandit), they attempt show the link in a hosted browser window. Yes, in most cases, if it points to a binary or some other content, it will still work fine, but it’s not what users expect (and the behavior may be unpredictable).